Are you a teacher who uses Pokémon Go? Are you looking for ways you can tap into the Pokémon Go craze to connect with your students?
Pokémon Go is the latest in the Pokémon franchise, and has broken records at the Apple iTunes store, where it is now the most-downloaded app in the first week of release in the store’s history.
But for teachers, how could the game be useful? Google as indexed over 15M pages on “Pokémon Go education”, reflecting the creative efforts of teachers thinking up ways to incorporate current trends into their curriculum.
Are you thinking of incorporating Pokémon Go into your teaching? How can enjoyment of computer games inspire our students to study math at school?
What do you think?
Will you be using Pokemon Go at all in your classroom? Do share a comment below.
Main Article: August 2016: Pokémon Go in the classroom
► News articles about Pokémon Go:
- Apple says Pokémon Go is the most downloaded app in a first week ever
- Fed-up council seeks to take down Pokémon Go stops in Rhodes
- Watch Pokémon Go interrupt an ISIS briefing at the State Department
- Pokémon Go: Don’t break the law to play
► Other math-related articles about Pokémon Go:
- The Math Behind Pokémon!
- The Science and Math Behind Pokémon Go
- Pokémon Go: Catch Rate
- 3 Ways Playing ‘Pokémon Go’ Can Make You Smarter
► Education articles about Pokémon Go:
- How Pokémon GO Is the Perfect Tool for Encouraging Summer Learning
- Pokemon Multiplication and Division
- Pokémon Go used in classrooms to help autistic children
- Pokemon Go may help, not hinder in rural schools
- 3 Ways Pokémon GO Can Create Meaningful Learning Opportunities
- Pokemon GO: What Education Should Be
- Pokémon GO may have a place in the classroom
► SUBSCRIBE on YouTube to learn more expert tips on teaching K-6 math for understanding