Blog posts by category:
Solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions referring to the same whole and having like denominators, e.g., by using visual fraction models and equations to represent the problem.
Comments are closed.
Recent Blog posts:
- Vlog Ep #10: Involving Parents in Their Children’s Math Education
- Vlog Ep #09: Fake Math and Pseudocontexts
- Vlog Ep #08: Teaching Math Unshackled from Standards and Curriculum Documents
- Vlog Ep #07: How to Use Technology to Teach K-6 Math
- Vlog Ep #06: Look Around You for Real Life Contexts for K-6 Math
- Vlog Ep #05: Kids Figure Stuff Out (And What That Means For Math Education)
- Vlog Ep #04: Math-Anxious Parents Produce Anxious Kids Who Know Less Math (research report)
- The Most Challenging K-6 Math Topic (Survey Results)
- Teach Times Tables Without Apologies
- Math is Important, REALLY Important
- Math in the News: Babies Can Do More Math Than We May Have Realized
- Math in the News: Better Ways to Teach Math to Aboriginal Students
- Math in the News: Is Rote Learning the Secret Behind Chinese Mathematics Success?
- K-6 Math in the News: Censuses, Counting People and Math
- K-6 Math in the News: Schools Failing to Recognize Kids Who Don’t Fit In?
- K-6 Math in the News: Supermarket Math Fails
- K-6 Math in the News: Pokémon Go and Math for Kids
- K-6 Math in the News: Everyone CAN Succeed at Maths
- K-6 Math in the News: Facebook Flower Math Puzzle
- Sixth-Graders Learn Business Skills in Mathematics Class
- Asian Kids Beat Out the West in Math Again
- Teach Measurement Using a Rain Gauge
- Teaching a Great Math Lesson Part 1: Capture Students’ Attention!
- Welcome to Professor Pete’s Classroom